Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Seasoned Veteran
David-LMF

Re: How to block someone from buying your pets?

What's so hard about NO BUY. Just don't buy!! It's a no brainer!!

Seasoned Veteran
traumajnkie301

Pets is a game ... not a war. Those so-called "players" who take the fun out of the game by harassing other players are indeed royal pains in the butt. IMO, if someone buys a Pet, they should expect that the person they bought from will either buy the pet back or buy one of their pets of equal value (or how ever many it would take to reach equal value). Unfortunately, these bullies purposely don't respect the concept of fairness. They think that just because they have a lot more Pets cash than the other person, they can just walk away with that person's pets. And it gets discouraging to the player that's being picked on. Aside from fake profiles, that's another reason there are so many ghost pets .. the players being picked on get frustrated and quit. True, there are some players who will help you out by buying your Pet to increase its value ... and that becomes obvious when after four or five times back and forth . they leave the pet alone; some of them will even message you and let you know what's up. But there are some who just persist on being rude and obnoxious ... its annoying as all get-out. I agree with the padlock option, and I agree with "no-buy". I also agree that there should be some way to block rude players and bullies from preying on other players. Bullies also tend to prey on other players when they aren't on line to fight back. Nothing sucks more than logging in and seeing that one of these morons has cleaned out your Pets (including the no-buy Pets), and they are now scattered throughout the Tagged universe and you can no longer afford to buy them back. Perhaps there should be something in place to prevent your pets from being bought when you are not logged in. Your pets store would be closed when you aren't on line. If someone really wants one of your Pets bad enough and for the right reason, they will wait until you are logged on to get them. I think that would eliminate a lot of the bullying because the other person would be there to defend his or her pets. We can have fun playing the game while still having respect for each other, but it sucks big time when the a-holes take all the fun out of it.

Seasoned Veteran
David-LMF

THANK YOU! That is a good idea to have an offline lock on your pets. I've had these jerks just wait for me to go offline to strike, not knowing I only switched profiles for a minute and came right back. I tried messaging and asking them not to buy my pet, and that only makes them more determined. Now that I'm at a comfortable level, I can just flip my pet out of their range, but not everyone can do that.

Being deleted for harassment is also a good idea! I call it Loyaty Profiteering! They know when your pet acknowledges you, you will buy back, and that sucks!

Another player on here said it wasn't fair to other players when a pet puts NO BUY on their pet! There are millions of pet5s on here, and I never had a problem finding a pet to buy! WACKO! Also you may think it's not a war, but I've had some drag out battles on here with these creeps.

I ran into one guy with many very rich profiles, and his mission in life is to buy up all the no buy pets he can to pay them back, like they did it to persnally offend him! He has a dump pet that is full of disgruntled NO Buy pets, calling him everything within Tagged's Terms. He only buys women and bought my niece, so I changed her pic and name to me, and he set me free quick! He is one of many that needs to find a life and get off Tagged!

Seasoned Veteran
NANAEIGHT

GRUDGE GIRL...WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM....IF THAT WOMAN IS SILLY ENOUGH TO WASTE HER CASH BUYING YOU AND SETTING YOU FREE...SWEET YOU MAKE CASH AND SHE LOSE'S IT...AND IF SHE WANTS TO BUY ALL  YOUR PETS EVEN BETTER....IF YOU ARE SET FREE AND A GREAT ACTIVE PLAYER EITHER A FRIEND OR SOMEONE WILL SEE YOU ARE GOOD AND BUY YOU BACK......HAVE YOU THOUGHT SHE CONTINUES TO DO THIS TO PIFF YOU OFF, CAUSE SHE KNOWS SHE IS GETTING TO YOU......SADLY YOU CAN BLOCK THIS WOMAN BUT IF SHE IS FRIENDS WITH FRIENDS OF YOUR'S SHE WILL ALWAYS FIND YOUR PROFILE IN THE GAME.....AND YOU MAY BE ABLE TO TAKE HER OFF YOUR WISH LIST BUT SHE STILL MAY HAVE YOU ON HER'S.....NEXT TIME SHE BUYS...CHANGE YOUR NAME AND SAY THANKS TO HER..LET HER KNOW SHE HAS NO CONTROL ANY MORE...ENJOY YOUR GAME...THIS IS HER PROBLEM NOT YOURS....OR YOU LET THAT PROFILE GO AND CREATE ANOTHER ONE AND MOVE ON.

nevjn

Well...maybe, increase the value is effectively.:smileyhappy:

Enthusiast
SEPPE420

I see harasment if the person is sending you nasty messages,, if they not sending you any messages where is the harrasment,,, then you just block them and they cant send you any more messages,,,,,,

i don't see that if someone keeps buying you it is harasment ,, it's how you play the game,,, you buy pets, any pet you can afford and you hope someone else buys it, if you see someone keeps buying that pet back you buy it again and again then you let them keep it when you know they cant afford to buy it back if you buy it again,,

the best way to avoid people from buying you is to opt out of the game,, just don't play,,  i'm sure you all buy pets, well, how do you know that pet wants you as an owner, do you ask everyone that you buy, if it's ok to buy them, I think not,, so alls fair in pets.......  just play the game..buy good pets , build up your cash, and stop worrying about who owns you,,  

Seasoned Veteran
traumajnkie301

There is a BIG difference between buying Pets and bullying other Pet owners! If I buy a Pet and the owner buys it back more then three or four times, that lets me know that the owner doesn't want to sell ... if someone wants to flip a pet, they'll let it go and be happy with the profit. Why be a douche bag and run somebody's Pet that they want to keep out of their range? There is a BIG difference between being a respectful Pets player and a jackass. Why buy someone else's pet, run it out of their affordability, then dump it off? All that gains you is another black feather in your moron cap. And about "no buy" Pets, why do you have to bother them when there are so many other Pets out there? Buying a "no buy" pet for spite is proof that there are assholes in the Pets game. Some idiot bought one of my friend's wife, he bought her back, and it went back and forth until he couldn't afford her anymore ... now she's sitting in a Pets dump with a fake-profile owner that hasn't been on line in over three months, all her Pets have been stripped making her pretty much a "dead" pet, and her husband can't afford to buy her back. Where the heck is the fun in that? Its the rude, disrespectful players that do crap like that who ruin the game for everyone. Why does there always have to be some jerk that comes along and ruins everything for everyone else?

Seasoned Veteran
traumajnkie301

Oh, and about the harrassment ... it doesn't just take place in messages ... it also happens in Pets. When you block someone, they can still get to your Pets, and they become hell-bent on making your pets life miserable. When we block someone from contacting us via our profile, that should block them from harassing you in Pets too.

Seasoned Veteran
David-LMF

Every pet I own I ask 1st if they want me to buy them. I go to the beginning of my wish list, and find the players who have been loyal with tags and comments, staying in touch. If they haven't risen in value much, I ask and buy them and run them up! All my pets are my best friends on here, so no worries about dead pets or ghost! So, yes! I don't want my pets bought, and always buy them back! And if the creep buying them won't stop, I run them up with my own profiles out of their range! If you haven't run into these jerks, then you don't own friends and can't relate to the people here regarding this issue. IT IS HARASSMENT WHEN THEY FIND YOU DON'T WANT TO SELL, AND THEY CONTINUE!

Problem Solver
lavonne

I agree on this... blocking a user who has harassed you in messaging ought not be able to buy you.  You shouldn't have to stop playing pets because someone has become abusive towards you.  

Who wants someone owning them that has been threatening?  A lot of women get attacked on this site.  I know fewer men do.  It is mostly men doing it in my opinion.

See my Games / Ideas post on this.

However, this is a game.  If someone hasn't previously harassed you or abused you or threatened you through messaging then what is the problem with being bought?  Everyone has a buy button underneath them.