Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Announcements
Occasional Poster
ColinC
Accepted Solution

Too Many FAKES on Tagged

I'm not 1 to make complaints, but i've noticed there is too many Fakes on this site.

I'm not going to just blame it on the Men or the Females. But Both genders are doing this.

"Men protending to be females just to get into the girls because most females only want girls to be there friends."

" Females and Males who put pictures up protending to be someone else"

These need to stop. When i first joined Tagged, it was a great site to be apart of, now it's turning into a dating site.

Something needs to be done about this. alot of decent people are quiting/leaving tagged and it's ashame to see them leave.

This is just my Opinion, and i would like to see what others think about this post.

Occasional Poster

Re: Too Many FAKES on Tagged

not only too much fakes.... but it is crazy how often guys from other countries (algeria, tunisia etc.) send messages or friends requests. it is really no fun no more and has nothing to do with just getting to know someone.

will there be a possibility to block countries....

and no i  am not racist at all.... it is just annoying. don't have such a problem on any other social network sites...

One-Hit Wonder
mirthin

I am "Fed Up" with the scammers on this site as well,I have been a member for a long time (several memberships) because sometimes I have cancelled m'ship but I always come back. It is 1000% better than facebook.

Tagged  should introduce a system of verification of ID  some other sites  use and very sucessfully.

Dating site;well where you get Girls and Guys talking to each other Mother Nature will play her part especially when we are encouraged (Tags/Comments) to send nice thoughts to each other.

Mirthin

One-Hit Wonder
SnakeBigBoss24

Well for one thing, that's never going to stop. It's no surprise that people still do this type of stuff. When the chatrooms were up, there were a boatload of bots, and that's the reason why Tagged took down the chatrooms. However, the fake female, and male profiles thing is very common here on tagged. Tagged used to be a really good site back in 2006 up to 2010 where it got really bad; I've made friends with lots of good people and now they're all gone because Tagged is really bad right now.

One-Hit Wonder
tony_badman

yea ban fake profile and sex bots or is it a part of tagged or something, that the biggest problem on tagged FAKE PROFILE

Occasional Poster
ItsThatAsianGuy

if their profile picture looks "too good" to be true,is defin a fake profile,along with the "ptes" profile :smileyhappy:

Problem Solver
BlueDragon091

This seems to a trend on most websites like Tagged now. The website will start off and many decent legit people will join. Once word gets around about the website all the scammers and fake people start joining, forcing many decent users to leave. The only thing we can do to help fight against this, is report these people and hope action is taken against them, or at least their profiles.

To do this, go to their profile and click "Report Abuse", you can also block these users so they will be unable to contact you :smileyhappy:

Occasional Poster
starbride

This is not a Tagged-Problem. You have it everywhere, Myspace, Facebook - all communities. Ban the fake-profiles? How? You just have to be careful whom you add. If a 'girl' says she is bi or lez and she is 'horny as hell' and wants to add 'sex girls' only - its a fake, be sure. If a 'girl' has her MSN addi or Email addi in her profile... then don't add her.

A solution would be to know from WHERE someone really is comming. This would help a lot.

Sally

Occasional Poster
NeneGuapo

One of the biggest problem that I face is men from Nigeria West Africa posing as women to lure men into thiking that they are pretty girls to talk to and at the end of the day is nothing else but a big scam from hell to take your money

Occasional Poster
CarlosA

[ Edited ]

I dont agree with you,

True that is a problem of all sites, but here a TAGGED the percentage of fakes profiles are the highest for sure, sometimes are very obvious specially between de pets players, there are lot of profiles with profiles pictures of very famous people,  it should be easy to detect a fake profile if any moderation exists

At report abuse i dont find any option for fake profile, but a lot of threats if we "dare" to report profiles we know, and TAGGED should know are fakes 

Since it seems TAGGED dont do any moderation, maybe create a button (report fake profile) should be added, then will be easier for you to check the reported profiles and erase it