Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Announcements
Seasoned Veteran
FloridaJim
Accepted Solution

TAGGED HOME PAGE

I need help with my home page.  Under the "People you should meet" column all the people are in their 40's and their photos never change.  I have my settings for 65 plus.  It is frustrating to see the same people on my tagged home page and the wrong age group.  I am 67 and want to see photos of people in my age group.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?  Thanks a million!!

Jim

damonk

Re: TAGGED HOME PAGE

[ Edited ]

Jim,

Hey there! That is a fantastic question. There are two things going on here.

First, for older users, we show them a much wider range of people to give them more choices. This has been in place for some time.

As to the pictures not changing, that is a test we are running to give us more data on which kinds of people someone is interested in. Showing folks relevant, interesting people on a site with hundreds of millions of users is tricky, and we are constantly getting better!

Thanks!

Damon

Seasoned Veteran
FloridaJim

I don't think you understand my problem.  My home page shows the same people each time I log on and they are all 40 yrs of age.  I have my "meet me or People you should meet" settings on an older age group.  I never see photos of people in age groups over 40 yrs of age.  It's frustration to see "People you should meet" all be 40 yrs of age and not any in my age group !!

tess_harley
Topics: 87
Kudos: 5,260
Ideas: 32

Hi FloridaJim,

I know that is frustrating, especially if you cannot see your own age group..

What i suggest you do is submit a ticket to tagged explaining to them what is happening on your page and they will have one of their techs look into it for you.

Please use the email address that is associated with your account to www.tagged.com/contact.html

Keep me updated to let me know if this was corrected for you..:smileywink:

Tess 

Seasoned Veteran
FloridaJim

I contacted tagged and they didn't seem to think it was any big deal and didn't offer any tech support.

tess_harley

Hi Jim,

Can you try another browser and see if it will display correctly?

Seasoned Veteran
FloridaJim

I don't think it's my browser.....it just started happening the other day and up until then it was working fine.  I've had some other problems as well that was weird such as not being able to send messages and post photos on my profile.

tess_harley

Jim,

Please try the following prior to submitting a ticket to tagged by using your email associated with your account towww.tagged.com/contact.html

Try some of these things and see if any helps.

Make sure your browser and flash player are updated

http://help.tagged.com/t5/Account-Privacy-Settings/Basic-Troubleshooting-for-Tagged/ta-p/10855

Clear your browser’s cache.

Tagged games use Java script which helps in game performance. 
If you notice that your game is having difficulties loading or responding slowly to your actions it may be because your system cache is full (the cache is where your computer stores information needed to display websites).

Internet Explorer:
                -Open Internet Explorer
                -Click Tools at the top
                -Scroll down and select Internet Options
                -Click Delete under Browsing History
                -At the bottom, click Delete All. Then click Yes
                -Close Internet Explorer entirely and re-launch

Mozilla Firefox:
                -Open Firefox
                -Click Tools at the top of the page
                -Select Clear Private Data
                -Click the Clear Private Data Now button
                -Then, close Firefox 7 and re-launch

Safari:
                -From the Safari menu, click Empty Cache
                -When asked: “Are you sure you want to empty the cache?” click Empty
                -From the Safari menu, click Preferences.
                -From the Security dialog box, click Bookmarks
                -Click Show Cookies
                -From the Cookie dialog box, click Remove All
                -Click Done

Google Chrome:
                -Open Chrome
                -Click the 'Wrench' in the top right
                -Select 'Tools'
                -Select 'Clear Browsing Data'

And also: 

If you currently have any ad  Blockers set on your browser try disabling them for the message page, as some ad blockers will prevent the message window from opening. 

For details on removing this add-on for Firefox, please visit the Mozilla support site here

For details on removing this extension for Chrome, visit Google support here.

For IE go to the top of the right hand side of your browser and click on the symbol that looks like a wheel and then go to Manage Add ons.  Check and see what is in that section and disable what is not necessary..

If this does not correct the issue please check  the bug tracker and see if your issue is listed there, if not then please submit a ticket to tagged using the email address associated with your account   towww.tagged.com/contact.html)

Tess

damonk

Jim,

Here's a few ideas.

Go to browse and change your filters to exactly what you are looking for. Browse is the best way to see who is out there. If you can still find people in that range, then we know they are out there.

Meet me and the people that are suggested on your home page are "our best guesses" for you, and are determined by a number of things. Therefore, it is not always possible to see the exact age range you are interested in. At least not yet:smileyhappy:

Other issues with things not working correctly should be sent to us (screen shots help) so we can take a closer look.

Try that and let us know:smileyhappy:

Thanks!

Seasoned Veteran
FloridaJim

It's not my  browser....I changed to Google Chrome and the same thing.....People you should meet is locked on 40 yr olds and my filters are set for 55yrs plus.  It has to be a problem with tagged somewhere.